Sunday, November 1, 2009

Italy

So I flew out of Tokyo to Rome, the capital of Italy to start my Italian adventures. The flight left at 10:45 am and I got here at 7:10am the next morning. Man, I don't think that I will ever do that again!!


Here is some info about Italy:

much of it is covered by mountains. The Dolomite Mountains in the north are part of the Alps and the Apennine Mountains divide the country in half, separating the west from the East.

Italy is a peninsula. It is a boot shape that juts out into the Mediterranean Sea. So there is a lot of coast line and beautiful coastal cities.


Many cities are built on the sides of mountains and cliffs.






Some of the major cities in Italy are Rome, Milan, Naples, Genoa, Siena, and Venice.

Italy has two major islands: Sicily, which is full of volcanoes and has lots of earthquakes, and Sardinia, which is basically mountains jutting up from the sea.

Venice is a large tourist attraction in itself. It is divided by canals and is slowing sinking into the sea.



Tuscany is another big tourist area.





Italy also contains 2 independent countries in its borders: Vatican City, home to the Roman Catholic Church, and San Marino, in the northeast of Italy.


So check out this map. Where should I go first? Or what should I check out first?

15 comments:

  1. Italy looks awesome. The moutains look really pretty! I definately think that you should go to San Marino first! Its looks awesome with all the mountains. It would be sweat to live in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this place is AMAZING!!!!!! I would love to live here or at least go and visit. The mountains, buildings, and cities are absolutely gorgeous! From what i have looked at San Marino looks like a very interesting site-seeing place to go to. Go there next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rome looks like a GREAT place live at! I would like to visit Rome one day, if I could. All the buildings, views, and places to see and stay at looks awesome. I think the next place you should visit is San Marino and it looks like a good place for sight-seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Think you should go to Rome, Because its Beautiful and has so much going on! Also i Heard that police in Rome's province some of the officers drive a Lamborghini! So dont try and out run the Cops! Have Fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think that a place that has so many hills would not be ever perttey excapted from the hills but the flowers the grapes and viners i haered are the pretest thing my friend have sean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sicily would be an awesome place to go first, just to check out the history and culture of Italy. Earthquakes are small potatoes, because the mountains would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness I must admit your extremely lucky to be able to visit a place that looks like this. Its just like heaven... but better!

    Id go to Milian because I heard it is one of the fashion capitals in the world. You can go and see a dress that is probably about the cost of your homes mortgage! Beautiful scenary and friednly people always make a great vacation.

    Have fun and remember to bring me back a gift (: You'll be my favorite teacher ever !

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should go tp pompeii first. since the city was destroyed by a volcano, it probably has many cool artifacts from ancient times. It would also be very cool to see the volcano too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is cool that they built cities on the side of the mountains. The scenery looks awesome too. The next place you should go in Brindisi. It is at like the heel part of the boot. The name just sounds really cool. You should see the ocean and you can see older cities!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this place and all the beautiful Mountains!I think you should go to is Poualermo cause you could go to the beach!
    -Kels-

    ReplyDelete
  12. i would say u should go visit either venice or sicily. this place looks great with the sea and beautiful coastline. the buildings and history looks great also. You should be able to find some great and fresh sea food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Italy looks AMAZING!!!!! I wish i could go there. I would go to Sicily. I would like to see the coastline and the beaches. When i get older i want to visit Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Italy looks awesome! I think you should check out some pasta resturants! My goal will be to visit there and I probably will go there when i get older. Sicilca is where you should go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should go to the costline of Rome. I bet it would be pretty there! It seems like there would be a lot to do in Rome- being that it is an ancient city! But anywhere really seems nice- it looks like a very pretty country.

    ReplyDelete